Whole-Body Cleanse Made Simple
Unless you have avoided the internet, magazines, reality TV, and Dr. Oz for the last decade, you have most likely heard about detoxing. Celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Beyoncé, and even “Real Housewives” have embraced and promoted detoxes ranging from one-day cleanses to drinking nothing but a mixture of lemon water with cayenne pepper. This widespread yet vague term refers to different nutritional and dietary regimens that are said to reboot your body and eliminate toxins, and many claim to help you lose weight fast.
The detoxification process is all about resting, cleansing, and nourishing your body from the inside out, and you don’t have to subject yourself to a Hollywood diet to accomplish that. Instead, follow these seven simple steps to a cleaner, leaner you.
- Go Organic—One of the easiest ways to support your body’s natural detoxification process is by choosing the right foods. Foods that have been genetically modified or have been sprayed with pesticides can add harmful toxins to your diet. Opting for organic alternatives will help to alleviate the stress on your system and reduce the toxins that enter your body in the first place.
- Drink More Water—It sounds so simple, but water is one of the most valuable tools you can use to cleanse your body. Every function in your body requires water, even the most basic such as producing saliva, perspiration, and waste removal. Experts recommend drinking half of your body weight in ounces daily to flush your system. Adding a lemon wedge or cucumber slice to your water can add flavor to break up the monotony.
- Meditate, Not Medicate—The pressure of stress can consume your life—body, mind, and soul. Stress leads to not only elevated cortisol levels, but it can be as toxic to your overall health as chemicals. Meditation is a proven method to help you clear your mind, relax, and live in the now. Next time you feel overwhelmed or overworked, take a few minutes for yourself, breathe, and practice being mindful.
- Purify the Air Around You—You rarely ever think about it, but the air at home can be more toxic than the air outside due to fumes, pet dander, mold, mildew, and microorganisms. If you have the means, a high-quality air purification system is the ideal way to keep the air you and your family breathe fresh and toxin-free. However, a few houseplants can work too! Houseplants help to purify the air, and some can even remove unwanted airborne toxins.
- Exercise, Exercise, Exercise—Sweating is beneficial for your body, both physically and mentally. Exercise contributes to the maintenance of a healthy body, and once you start sweating, your body can release harmful toxins through the skin. Even trace amounts of dangerous elements such as lead, mercury, arsenic, and cadmium have been found in sweat, according to a study published in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health. So next time you’re bored, break a sweat to help detox your body!
- Eat Protein With Each Meal—Dietary protein contains the amino acids that your liver requires in order to perform proper detoxification. Good protein choices can include organic chicken, grass-fed beef, turkey, and fish.
- Full-Body Detoxification—With so many different detox programs on the market, how do you know which one to trust? Look for a detox that provides proper and natural nutrient intake, with plenty of fiber to help eliminate destructive toxins. The 14-day Pure Detoxification Cleanse is a two-week body detox that will help you to eliminate toxins and feel your best.
There are many different detoxification programs out there, and finding the right program for you can be harder than anticipated. The key is to find a program that enhances your body’s natural metabolic cleansing process. Through dietary preparation and optimization, complemented by a regimen of certain supplements to improve overall health, physicians within the BodyLogicMD network can guide you on a path to feeling better and enjoying a cleaner system.