Stress prompts the release of cortisol, a corticosteroid hormone that is produced the adrenal glands that sit atop the kidneys. Cortisol is the body’s “fight or flight” response to stress and helps the give the metabolism a much needed boost in times of peril. However, when produced in large quantities, cortisol can wreak havoc on the body and many of the body’s biological processes.
When cortisol levels are out of range, it’s common for women and men to experience symptoms commonly associated with hormonal imbalances such menopause or andropause (the male menopause).
Read more here: The Negative Effects of Stress for Diabetics
- You’re invited to attend a FREE Puerto Rico Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Seminar
- Contact bioidentical hormone doctors in Puerto Rico and get more information about bioidentical hormone therapy.
- Watch Puerto Rico Bioidentical Hormones Expert, Dr. Wade Huey on YouTube.
- Become a fan of Kenneth Cintron, M.D. on Facebook and learn about bioidentical hormones.
- Follow Dr. Kenneth Cintron on Twitter as Puerto Rico hormone therapy expert shares tips and advice for living better, longer.
- Contact Houston bioidentical hormones expert, Dr. Kenneth Cintron.